Mack Is City

This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.

Every memorial weekend we go somewhere anywhere doesn’t matter. We just make sure we go somewhere for that weekend. It has to be camping. Well it doesn’t have to be camping be we go camping. We started this tradition when our youngest boy was two. He did very well we thought. We went up to this campground called Tee Pee Campground. It had a perfect view of the bridge. Oh I forgot to mention we went to Mackinac City.

The first night we got there late, so we stayed at this little motel. We swear It was like one of those places from a horror film. We got there and the lady that was working there answered the door in a night gown. She gave us our key and we drove to our room. In the room there was a small TV that only had one channel. The water from the faucet was brown, and well we put all our luggage in front of the door. That’s how creepy it was. We felt like we were in a seen from the movie Joy Ride. In fact the drive coming in at night was scary too.

The next morning we were relieved we were able to get out of there. We made a dash to the campground. When we got there we set up camp and went to see the town. While in Mackinaw City We ate at the saloon, it was a nice place. Then we decided to go take a ferry to the island. Once on the island we decided we would check it out. What we didn’t know was that we would be doing a lot of walking around the whole thing.

That’s right, the whole island, eight miles of it, we walked it. For someone in better shape and or if you had a bike I’d say easy breezy. I’m not in shape and we didn’t have bikes. So it was not that easy breezy. Oh and did I mention, I was in flip flops? Yea no joke I was wearing flip flops, not really the perfect foot wear for an 8 mile walk. Needless to say, we were tired after that long walk. We ended up not really wanting to walk any more of that island and we headed back to the main land. We walked to the park and let the kids play for a bit then headed back to the tent.

The next day we were leaving so we spent the rest of the evening playing at the beach. Then back to the tent for bed. It ended up raining that night and well apparently our tent didn’t like that. We woke up in the middle of the night soaking wet. Luckily we had packed everything the night before. So we ran the kids into the truck, grabbed the rest of our things. Then we jumped in the truck we headed back home ending the trip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *